Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Basics at the beginning

I am Maria Kasparbauer, an Algebra 1 teacher at North High School in Des Moines, Iowa.  I have been teaching for four years, all in Des Moines Public Schools (three at the middle school level, one at high school).  This is my first externship experience, and I'll be spending my time at Accumold in Ankeny, Iowa.  

Some of the tasks I will be involved with include:
--Creating a Phase 2 training/testing procedure for helping employees learn how to use measuring tools such as a caliper, micrometer, and tool scope.
--Train/test employees who have failed Phase 1 of the measurement testing, many of whom are English Language Learners.
--Create a pre-employment math screening test.
--Participate in Material Review Board process improvement meetings.  Process mapping, problem solving, and implementation of new strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment